[bct] Re: Wireless networking and security

  • From: Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:47:05 -0500

Hi,
it goes like this.
1.  wpa is more secure, but if all wireless devices do not support wpa
you'll need to go with wep.
2.  if you are changing your internet, that does not meen that you need
to mess with your wireless network at all.
mac address filtering is a type of security also.  Each computer has a
mac address.  if the technician set it up, that also should be done and
you'll not need to messwwith it.

I set up a network for a friend at my house.  She took it across the
country and plugged in her cable modem and it just worked.

--
Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.  -Mark