[bct] Re: Winamp, was Re: My personal churchaudio mic demo

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 14:20:35 -0500

hi. Actually the newer versions of JAWS will read the statuses, but earlier versions, I think below version 6 of JAWS will not read them. So if you have JAWS 6 or 7 you'll be fine.
Also definitely make sure that the modern skin support is not installed. You'll have nothing but headaches if it's there. so from the beginning, stay away from it. when you upgrade to the next version, it'll actually remember your settings. Man that Nullsoft installer is sure nice.

At 02:03 PM 5/24/2006, you wrote:
Just on a side note, if you install the full version and don't want tons of stuff, a custom installation should let you choose which parts of the program you install. I usually just install the audio plugins but try to get rid of the visualization plugins, the Emusic subscriptions, and some of the other features like the built in podcatcher. I'm not sure if Jaws will read the status of the items in the list, but I think it might.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Skarstad" <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>