[bct] Winamp Techies Beware!

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:42:47 -0600

Hi Friends:

If you download the new version of Winamp, version 5, please beware!  There are
two other programs that come free with the bundled, also free version of the
package.  I have already posted regarding problems that are caused to pod casts
by the programs, DFX7 for Windows Media Player and MP3 Remix for same.  While I
do not claim to understand why, since these programs are for Windows Media and
not for Winamp, they should cause problems for it, the simple fact is that they
will.  Should you download these three programs and then later decide you don't
want the two I have already discarded you will still have problems with your
new version of Winamp causing you to return to there site and again download
the free lite version of Winamp 5.  I hope this makes sense to you, it sure
does to me now.