[bct] When Recording, How To Get Mic + Sound Card Stream

  • From: "Mika Pyyhkala" <pyyhkala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:19:41 -0500

Right now when I record from my computer, regardless of which audio editting
program is used, the system picks up only the sound from my microphone.

How do I configure the computer to both pick up the microphone, as well as
sounds coming out of the sound card?  For instance, Jaws speech, other
streaming items being played, etc.

I have checked the options under volume control, and don't see one under the
recording settings that would do this.

Also I have played around a little bit with the program Total Recorder, but
have not gotten it to work reliably.  Typically for instance total Recorder
might record the Jaws, but say not record things I play in Windows media

This is a Dell Latitude D600 laptop with a SigmaTel Audio chipset.  I also
have the Griffen Technologies USB Imic installed.  I have heard that laptop
audio sound cards often limit you, so I don't know if my sound card permits
this option.

Thank you,