[bct] Re: Web-Braille

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 17:29:09 -0400

What evidence do you have that people were sharing login information? Noone from NLS has officially said what the problem really was. We don't know if it's paranoia or something real. I know many years ago someone was caught selling web braille files. I can also tell you that some NLS staff thought it wasn't possible to backtranslate .brf files so maybe they have been living in a fantasy world. If they could prove someone shared their login info then they should dump the account. If the site was hacked then that's a real problem they need to fix.