[bct] Web-Braille

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blind Cool Tech List" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:56:42 -0400

I wonder if the shutdown may be more serious than Mary indicated. I'm
guessing that NLS has finally decided to do something about the abuse
(translation of books into text and their being shared, as well as the
sharing of login ID information with persons not legally entitled to use the
service) and that it may be something more than a simple temporary
interruption. If these are the issues, there's virtually no way short of
using a thumbprint as a login ID to resolve them.

 Walt Smith - Clearwater, FL