[bct] Re: Warning, jaws without authorization

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:38:31 -0400

Thanks Neal.

Rick

=======

Contact Information:

Skype ID: rharmon928
MSN ID: rharmon928@xxxxxxxxxxx
Email: rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 330-724-6093
Location: Akron, Ohio USA

blind_geek_zone

seeing people towards them."
- Helen Keller, 1925

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 6:00 PM
Subject: [bct] Warning, jaws without authorization

OK, let's be clear about this.  First, for all we know, Rick is being
spoofed and loading this software whatever it is may crash your
computer.  The beta versions are not called jfw.exe anyway.  Secondly,
even if it is real, This is a beta version of who knows what iteration
of the JAWS beta cycle.  There are some real issues about what you need
to do to get beta versions to work without totally corrupting your
existing JAWS.  In addition, it's illegal to own and distribute a beta
copy of any software if you have not signed a non disclosure agreement,
and even if you have, you are legally bound not to talk about them much
less providing them to other users.  So, if you try this and it does
something to either corrupt your present JAWS version or make it
impossible to load the real 7.1 version of JAWS when it is released, I
don't think you will get much help from FS to get it fixed.  And if it
crashes your computer, well, I don't think I have to go any further.

Neal