[bct] WS-200s and microphone

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 23:41:16 -0400

Good evening, All,
Just wanted to weigh in on the subject of the WS and my microphone.  I, too,
wish they had not lowered the quality, but I think for my purposes it's quite
good.  I did find that I desired a warmer sounding mic for rehearsals and other
material.  My friend went hunting for some old ones that were just lying around
the apartment.  They're probably from an ancient tape recorder, but I think
they're doing a good job.  I recorded our rehearsal a few nights ago and was
quite pleased.

My only problem is that I'd like to use the WS to make tutorial recordings and
my old microphone does not like the sound of my synthesized speech coming
through my speakers.  it's quite muffled.  My solution for now will be to
create the tutorials using the built-in microphone on the WS and create other
podcasts with my external mic.  that will have to do until I get a pair of
those wonderful binaurals.

Yes, it would be absolutely euphoric to have it all in one, compact unit.  I
think with the speed of technology these days, though, we won't have to wait
too long.  We just have to be patient until the unit is ready for mass
production.  I'm certain it's on the table somewhere.  <grin>