[bct] Re: WE5.5 demo

  • From: "Bill Belew" <bill@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:44:33 -0800

I think it is inevitable that any screen reader will seem awkward at the
beginning because they are doing the almost impossible job of presenting
with linear speech a visual medium using language, color, shapes, and object
arrangement to convey information.  Although many will have a good laugh at
the idea, Windows is written to be visually intuitive and does achieve that
to some extent because I've seen many people with no computer experience be
able to sit down and get something done with the mouse.  Screen readers
require memorization, practice, and gradual learning through experience.