[bct] Voice file names

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:03:07 -0500

Hi Folks,
I was reading an article about the SARA reading machine when I got to the
section on saving files.
Since the SARA has no keyboard they came up with a interesting way to save a
file without typing in a file name.
The SARA prompts you to use your own voice to speak the name you wish to give
the file.
The built in microphone records your voice and probably saves it along with the
document in two files with the same name but different extensions like
a1000.arc for the document and a1000.wav for the voice title.
When you want to open that document you arrow through only the spoken list of
.wav files then hit enter on the one you wish to open.

This technique would be perfect for hand held sound recorders, music players
and doing podcasts.
The device could record in .mp3 or .wma and then allow you to create a .wav
file with the document's title.
 Then you would hear a menu of titles spoken by you.
They could be short descriptions of what the recordings were about or the
titles of songs.

Phil