[bct] Voice Modification

  • From: "Kai" <kaixiong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:04:51 -0800

Greetings List

Neal had once asked me how I modified my voice on that alien intro. I
forgot all about that question, and as a result didn't provide an

What I did was, I actually squeezed my throat to make my voice sound
kind of constricted, then raised the pitch of my voice as I recorded.
Once the recording was done, I cleaned up the file (my computer's fan is
notoriously loud!), then ran it through a modulator, with a 100 Hertz
carrier signal.
The carrier signal is what changed my voice into the slightly deformed
voice which you hear on the podcast.