[bct] Re: Voice Chat conference

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:05:10 +0000

There are established protocols for ensuring that this sort of thing works
well.  The simplest is that one person takes charge and nominates the next
person to speak.  Takes a bit of organising but the result makes it worthwhile.

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House
Kirby Corner Road
Coventry CV4 8UW
UK

Tel.: (+44) (0) 24 765 72737
Mobile: 07733450022
Fax.: (+44) (0) 24 765 727326

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/about/staff/lewis/
http://innovations.warwick.ac.uk/innovations/
http://cap.warwick.ac.uk/tdf

>>> maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/08/06 05:47pm >>>
Hi list,

I question whether it would make sense to have more than a few people on a
conference at a time. Everybody would want to talk, and you could end up
with 50 people talking all at once, or trying to carry on multiple
conversations. Just my thoughts; haven't heard Darren's podcast yet.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss