[bct] Re: V Pod?

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 11:06:00 -0500

I am suspicious of that book.  In the several interviews I heard the author do,
she never impressed me as knowing as much about ITunes after all her research
and publishing a book as I learned in just a few weeks of messing with it.

No, it is not the most accessible piece of software, but is certainly usable,
and especially if you are using something as small as the Shuffle.  I don't
only go my my experience, lest you think I am some computer geek, but someone I
know who would admit he has a lot to learn to be considered novice has used it
for a few years with an IPod.

The best tip I could offer anyone trying to figure out ITunes would be to have
a pair of eyes to describe to you everything going on with the screen.  I think
it is layout more than anything that makes it difficult.

In July when Adam Curry met Steve J at the release of the ITunes with podcast
support, he said he talked with him about concerns of the blind about access to
the software and he was promised that would be addressed.  That has only been a
few months and, assuming Mr. J is a man of his word, that's a short time in
development of anything with a company that size.

I would be curious just how more accessible it is with the Apple speech.

Just some randomly generated thoughts.

Eric SS