[bct] Re: Using Duxbury for Braille Pictures

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:01:09 -0800

Don, good idea. I wonder why the people selling the original books didn't put them in .BRF files. I know computer braille, having used braille displays for almost 20 years, so you're right: if you know computer braille, you can easily interpret the dot patterns. Why wouldn't you be able to enter the characters in six dot mode? I don't use Duxbury much, so don't know the advantages of QWERTY over six-dot entry.

I believe there is a company that sells a six-dot keyboard that you can attach to a PC; not sure who they are, and it's probably fairly expensive.

Mary