[bct] Uploading de-gunking

  • From: "Debee Norling" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Blindcooltech@Freelists. Org" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:47:35 -0800

Even after my amateuristic efforts at post-production, the first de-gunking
cast is 1 hour and 16 minutes. If that's too time-consuming for you, feel
free to use the notes I posted to this list a few days ago and avoid the
cast.

I was asked a question in the chat I hadn't clarified in the notes. When I
suggest you check the taskbar and remove everything, I mean everything
unnecessary. You don't need your email client, your instant message client,
your Nokia connectivity tool and Microsoft Office products all running. But
you might want to run notepad, or drivers for special hardware you use, and
you certainly want your screen reader active!

The cast covers my attempts to document any problems I have at boot-up,
what's in my system tray and what's lurking in task manager. I also show you
msconfig, but save other topics for future casts. I do this with three
different computers to give you a better flavor for what you might find on
your own machine, and that makes it take a while. De-gunking your single
computer will, of course be easier.

I'm in the process of loading the cast's 60 megabytes on to the yousend it
server, where Larry will be able to pick it up.

--Debee

--Debee