[bct] Re: Update on Mackie mixers

  • From: "David Tanner" <david-tanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 23:15:41 -0600


While I use a mixer, it is a German copy of the Mackey; I can't even remember 
the name now.  Anyway, can you or someone explain to me what subs are for.  I 
never used them even when I ran the sound for our church, but it would be nice 
to know what they are suppose to do.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:18 AM
Subject: [bct] Update on Mackie mixers

: About a week ago, I sent a message to the list about Mackie mixers.  In
: my opinion and in the opinions of people I trust, they are as good as
: you can get for the price.  I talked about sliders instead of round
: volume controls being easier to operate.  I was giving a lecture
: yesterday and they were using the Mackie 1202-VLZ-PRO
: Mixer which I mentioned in my message.  This is their less expensive
: mixer, and as I discovered, it does not have sliders for volume
: controls.  The rotary knobs do have pointers that are very easy to feel,
: so it is not impossible to get two stereo channels balanced, but I just
: wanted to report the lack of sliders on this particular model.  The next
: one up in the price range is the one I have and does, in fact, have
: sliders.  It is the 
: 1402-VLZ-PRO.
: Neal Ewers
: Ravenswood Productions
: Local phone:  608-277-1995
: Toll Free:  888-544-8332
: Email:  neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: http://www.ravenswood.org <http://www.ravenswood.org/> 

Other related posts: