[bct] Update on Mackie mixers

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:18:46 -0600

About a week ago, I sent a message to the list about Mackie mixers.  In
my opinion and in the opinions of people I trust, they are as good as
you can get for the price.  I talked about sliders instead of round
volume controls being easier to operate.  I was giving a lecture
yesterday and they were using the Mackie 1202-VLZ-PRO
Mixer which I mentioned in my message.  This is their less expensive
mixer, and as I discovered, it does not have sliders for volume
controls.  The rotary knobs do have pointers that are very easy to feel,
so it is not impossible to get two stereo channels balanced, but I just
wanted to report the lack of sliders on this particular model.  The next
one up in the price range is the one I have and does, in fact, have
sliders.  It is the

Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995