[bct] Undesired Programs Running on Boot-up was Re: a good registry cleaner.

  • From: "Matt Roberts" <blindbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:23:58 -0500

The first thing I do whenever installing anything is to make sure it doesn't
start up automatically.  The only exception is JAWS on my laptop.  If a
program asks if it should run on start-up, I say, "no." If a program appears
in the system tray after I start my computer, I disable that item.  Most
programs will let you set them to run when you want them to and stay
shutdown when you don't.

                  Matt Roberts