[bct] Re: Uncaring Website owners

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:12:32 -0600

Rick, perhaps we should not tell the people who run the site what I am
about to say, because they will think they won't have to make any
improvements.  In the interim, however, there is a way in JAWS to have
it create it's own alt text for graphics.  It's far more advanced than
labeling graphics because this labeling mechanism is supposed to work
across the entire domain.  Of course, you may have to have someone who
can see help you find the graphics, but if you can tab to them, you cam
create a label for them.  I believe this became available in JAWS 7.