[bct] Re: UNWANTED UNEMPLOYMENT?

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:59:54 -0600

I attended a rehab facility for part of my training too. I never heard the term "orientation center" until very recently, but maybe that's what this place is that I attended. I had O&M, and my instructor once asked me to walk across to the student union which was part of the University of Illinois at Chicago campus, and buy him a cookie. The streets around this orientation center were very busy, but thanks to his top-notch instruction I was able to accomplish the mission unscathed. Not only did I buy him a cookie, but I treated myself to a cookie too. He and his wife both taught at the orientation center. She was visually-impaired and taught activities of daily living, but sadly she has since passed away and I'm told he is living and working in Florida. I had some other excellent instructors there too, but the dorm was pretty lousy. One of the former IT instructors there is under investigation for something, but I don't know any details beyond that. Another problem was that the technology was rather outdated. My sister started there last week and I'm probably seeing her later today, so I will ask her how things are now.
Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>