[bct] Re: T-shaped mikes, and a little frustration

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:23:25 -0800

Great ideas, and thanks for bringing them up. I don't mean to sound rushed with the new folks, because we've all been there before, and I know I asked a lot of questions last fall when starting out. I don't want to ever forget how it feels to learn a lot of this stuff. You feel like you're swimming in an ocean of unfamiliar terms and new technology, but eventually as you use it, it makes sense.
The real way to learn this stuff is to jump in and start using it, to what ever degree you can. The more you stand on the shore, the more frustrated you'll get, because new things will keep cropping up and you'll still be stuck at the beginning. This is not directed at any one person, but you as a general, plural you, as in any list members who are new and nervous about getting started. Also, what works for one person may not work for others, so you have a bit of risk involved, because you may try something and may not like it, and you'd have to go try something else. As careful as people are, there's always a chance the decision may not be the right one, so you'd have to back track and take a deep breath and try again.