[bct] Re: Trekker GPS

  • From: "Adam Morris" <awmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:58:01 +1100

you guys in the us are very lucky, smile.

Here in Australia the only thing that works for gps is the packmate.
the braillenote series can't get maps for Australia since the company they go
through can't get them.
Apparently the company Freedom science fiction go through won't sell to a
second company.
No maps for trecker either.

If you are sighted there are myriads of gps devices you can buy.

I know there are ipacks which can use gps but speech hasn't been developed
sufficiently with them with mobile speak etc to run them.

New Zealand (where the braillenotes are made I think) is in the same situation.

Adam Morris

to download my podcast using a podcast receiver go to:

or to download the files manually go to: