[bct] Topics

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:49:06 -0500

Rick, to me, one of the great values of this list is its incredible diversity. We can talk tech in one breath, recording techniques in the next and parapsychology and religion in the next without missing a beat. I find that kind of interaction intelectually stimulating and a great deal of fun.

Being a list owner of many lists for over 15 years, I can assure you that there will never be a list where everyone is happy. Sooner or later, we will all use the delete key to skip topics we are simply not finding fascinating. I am not interested in every podcast, for example, but am very pleased there is a forum for such diversity for not only the audio casts, but for messages on this list.

We have a special situation here, I have rarely seen a list where people openly respect one another and are still willing to express firmly held opinions and debate them without rancor. A couple have become upset, this is true, and we can but hold out the hand of friendship and invite them to remain with us and enjoy the give and take.

I know I would never apologize for my thoughts and opinions, nor would Mike, Shane, Mary or Slithy. We believe, at times, radically differently, yet respect one another a great deal. This, combined with the posts about recording, viruses and every other topic here make up for a delightful blend of subjects that offers, like a good buffet, something for everyone.

Great jumping chocolate frogs,

Dan