[bct] Re: To all computer gurus out on the list

  • From: "Rick Alfaro" <rick.alfaro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 10:56:50 -0500

Screen readers and AMD processors work just fine together.  I have had
several AMD based machines in the past with no problems.  Regarding sound,
my preference would be to use a dedicated dual channel sound card, but I
certainly have used integrated sound chips in the past and they have worked
well, and the newer sound chips keep getting better and better.  As a matter
of fact, I have a new Sony machine that has what they refer to high
definition audio built-in, and it is so good that I still haven't gotten
around to installing my SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS.  I am sure you can get
away with using your new machine's built-in audio until you can afford to
install a dedicated sound card.

--Best regards,

--Rick Alfaro