[bct] Re: To all computer gurus out on the list

  • From: "Rick Harmon" <rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:56:10 -0500

That shouldn't be any problem at all.

Contact Information:

Skype ID: rharmon928
MSN ID: rharmon928
Email: rickharmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phone: 330-724-6093
Location: Akron, Ohio USA

seeing people towards them."
- Helen Keller, 1925

----- Original Message -----
From: "Krister Ekstrom" <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "BlindCoolTech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:07 AM
Subject: [bct] To all computer gurus out on the list

Hey everyone,
I have a question for all who really know things about computers and
assistive technology:
I'm about to buy a second computer for my tiny little home network and
am sorta wondering can i use a computer with an AMD processor in it with
screen readers such as Hal? I think i heard some years back that Amd
processors and screen readers didn't work that well together, now i
don't know about that so before i buy a rather cheap computer that
doesn't work with screen readers i wonder if they will work with other
processors than the Intel ones. Also, should i stay away from built-in
sound cards, video cards etc?
Some advice would be appreciated here.
Thanks a lot.