[bct] Re: To all computer gurus out on the list

  • From: "Onj" <onj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:35:00 -0000

Oops I got stuck on the AMD tick, but built-in devices make a machine cheep,
thus usefull if you need something quick, dirty and functional.
If you can find a motherboard with built-in graphics that doesn't take from
your existing system memmory to function the way some laptops do,
definitely go for it.  It's one less PCIE or AGP card to worry about and
less money to spend.
Onboard sound, lan, go for as well if you like.  The one thing about doing
that of course, is the driver CD's will come with the motherboard and you
won't have to go online to windows update or wherever, to find the correct
drivers.
This machine I run now with the AMd in it, I use a pci sound card for speech
and windows sounds only.  When it comes to recording and playing back, I
have an audigy 2 platinum for, and recording goes out to a dedicated USB
card.  The onboard sound card is a dedicated VOIP card, so it manages
teamtalk, ventrilo, skype, voipbuster and anything else related to chatting
online.
I used to use it for speech, but then I rearranged my mixer one day after
getting extremely bored, and added another sound card so I could have more
flexibility.