[bct] Re: To all computer gurus out on the list

  • From: "Onj" <onj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:30:33 -0000

Hi there.  I run an Athlon xp 3000+ with supernova v 6.53 just fine.
That is of course, hal with the mag add-on.  now I don't need it, but it's
what they provided, so I'm not gonna complain, but that old rumor about AMD
and screen-readers is utter rubbish.  I've used an AMD since 2001 with
versions of hal and supernova going back to v4.5 under dare I say it,
Windows M.E, or as I prefer, Windows empty, and now running xp professional.
Back then it was an AMD k6 2 450 mhz, then when I got bolder, an athlon xp
1700+, an xp 2000+, a 2600+, now the 3000+ which I run today.
I hope this helps a little.
Put to rest your fears about AMD, totally unfounded.