[bct] TinyURL

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCT" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 07:00:30 -0600

Yesterday Neal posted a long URL for a site with the specs on an Olympus
recorder.  I thought I would share this site because I have found it handy
when posting long URLs.

You can enter a long URL into an edit field and it will create a shorter
version so that it won't break up into multiple lines in an email.  You can
apparently add this tool to your tool bar in I E but I can't figure out how
to do that.

Here is what it did to Neal's link:

TinyURL was created!

The following URL:

has a length of 88 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which
has a length of 24 characters:

I have also heard of something called SnipURL but have never looked for that