[bct] Re: Thumb keyboards?

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 14:03:47 -0500

Lisa, I think you're right.  And, a number of my friends have the same
malady.  What's interesting is that a couple of them tried to use Dragon
Dictate to keep from having to type a lot.  It works very well, but,
because I am a voice coach, I wondered if they were going to experience
what I see with a lot of people.  It is very hard on the voice to speak
softly in an office environment, for example, if you do not use good
breath support.  After about two weeks of dictating every day, they both
had very sore throats.  In some people who persist in using speech input
with little or no breath support, they have done permanent damage to
their voice.

I know, I rather took this subject and put another twist on it, but I
think it's a good thing to think about if you are doing a lot of vocal
dictation.

Neal