[bct] Re: This list is closed

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 15:06:24 -0500

The way I see this is, a moderator *should* have the authority to bann, remove or modify certain list settings as they see appropriate. If you guys want the list to be closed, then go to freelists and close the damn list so there will truely only be one to which everyone must post. If this list remains in existance here, it only creates confusion.
I had this problem when I moved my Winamp for The Blind list some years ago. Do you guys know how much angry mail i received as a result of the list closing? I warned everyone, i mean I literally gave *everyone* on the list a month, a month! notice that the list was moving and the new list info was given enough times that I could quote it in my sleep. Yet people received messages saying that they had been removed and a bunch of them thought they had done something wrong and a lot of them got pissed at me. I had to write several e-mails explaining what happened. Bottom line, you can say this list is closed all you want, but at some point the list must actually close before people take it seriously.
I'm not atempting to be combative or difficult here, please don't misunderstand me. I'm simply telling you of my experiences as a list owner. It's a thankless job and it's not always easy so I don't mean to make anyone's life more difficult. But as a list contributer, I can see why people would be confused if 2 lists remained. You just gotta take the bull by the horns and actually close the list.

Ok, enough from me on this.

At 12:18 PM 6/6/2006, you wrote:
Good man! Lol!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>