[bct] Re: The Night Before Startup

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:55:14 -0800

That's great! It brings back a few memories of people waiting to test my code before they could leave for a holiday weekend. Everybody left that was sitting in surrounding offices, but I was still there trying to fix a problem, and re-write some code, and the test guy was sitting some place else in the building, probably chewing his nails and drinking endless cups of coffee. We could have used a whiz kid programmer to bail us out of that one! Problem was, it was my code and I had to fix it if it broke. We finally got it done after 5 P.M. if I recall correctly. For those in the know, it was in assembler language and ran under a different operating system than the one I was using to write it.