[bct] Re: The Ipod is Spared!

  • From: "Dana Niswonger" <dniswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:56:17 -0600

Hi Jamie:
It worked, really!
Dana

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jamie Pauls
  To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 10:35 AM
  Subject: [bct] Re: The Ipod is Spared!

  There is software that comes with the iPod which is supposed to format it for
you. No one has mentioned the software up to this point, so I am wondering if
it has been tried. When installing the iPod software on the computer, you will
need to enter it's serial number. Unfortunately, most unfortunately, Jaws will
not recognize the edit field at all. You must have a sighted person click on it
for you. I had no idea that you could format the drive from within Windows
Explorer. That may not be Apple's prefered method of doing things, but if it
work so be it. I may pass this on to the blind iPod list and see what sort of
uproar I can create.