[bct] Re: The C word that crashes Jaws

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:20:13 -0600

hi Lisa
As I've said previously, one sure fire way around the problem is to simply, not, use, eloquence as your synthesizer. There are plenty of alternative synthesizers out there, in facct Microsoft has 3 of them, although why anyone would actually want to listen to Microsoft sam is anyone's guess, lol. Anyways, I do understand your concerns. If nothing else, this little incident has shown people that there are, in fact, alternatives to eloquence. I've never liked it much, but then again your synthesizer is just like everything else in life. Some prefer JAWS, others prefer Window-eyes. Some like Pepsi, while others like Coke, you get the idea.

At 07:52 PM 3/19/2006, you wrote:

Could I please suggest that if this individual sends any more messages that others not reply to them using the same subject? If you do, you will unwittingly be spreading the problem. My synth kept crashing until I was able to get a sighted person to read the variations of the word which were being used. Of course, once I added the words to my dictionary, I could read them for myself, but then it was too little too late.
For those who need them, here are the variations. The individual is adding the letters S, SS, ING, INGS, and ED to the dreaded C word. How ironic that it's not a real word but just a misspelling!

Lisa Salinger
Renee, Retired Guide and
Joie, Guide/SD
<mailto:lisasali@xxxxxxxx>lisasali@xxxxxxxx