[bct] Thanks everyone was RE: (Please read) Blind individual in need of technology assistance.

  • From: "Jay Pellis" <jalucard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pmlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <BlindusersLGVXPhones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fte@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 19:41:20 -0400

Hello to everyone-
I will be calling the supervisor at my bvs office tomorrow.  However i
don't want this to escalate in to a they said he said thing or anything
like that, i especially wouldn't want to say, Make enemies with anyone
over this.  I will see what happens in the coming weeks and depending on
what happens with freedom scientific etc, i may just purchase a laptop
and customize it to my needs.  I heard rumors that the new version of
this blue tooth wireless braille keyboard i am considering has a 12 cell
braille display, maybe that's why it's $450.  In note taking, i would
like to have access to some type of braille reading, since i wouldn't
want jaws babbling in one ear and trying to listen to the teacher at the
same time etc.  I was able to use the pacmate for the last year alright,
even though i did send it back those times.  When graduate school starts
however, i'm sure i will need a reliable machine since i will be needing
it for class work, notes etc, i will be majoring in music performance
and slowly making my way in to the field of music technology/electronic
composition.
Thank you again everyone
Sincerely
Jay