[bct] Re: Thanks everyone for gmail invites

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 21:20:12 -0500

Dear Bill:

If you have not switched to the HTML interface for gmail, I recommend you do that.

I have a gmail account, and I have used it some, but perhaps others will have thoughts other than to use the HTML interface. apparently, this interface doesn't have all of the features/functionality of the non-HTML "standard" version, but it will allow you to use the Web interface with your screen reader.

I also believe that you can have a gmail account, but set that mail to come into Eudora, or Outlook, via Pop mail, or whatever. I won't walk you through those steps since I haven't done it.

What I will do is to suggest that you login to your account starting with this link:
https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&continue=http%3A%2F%2Fgmail.google.com%2Fgmail%2Fh%2F%3Fui%3Dhtml%26zy%3Dl

But if others have a simpler one, I'd love to know what it is.

I hope the link isn't so long for you that it won't work.

Good luck, and I hope this is a helpful start.

If the link doesn't work, then login with the standard interface and switch to the HTML one that way; I think the choice is under preferences. Maybe if you do that, the setting will stay.

I don't use my gmail account much, yet, but I've got plans for it.
Best,
Jennifer