[bct] Telemarketers

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:29:42 -0500

Hello all,

A while back Lynne and I kept getting these unwanted calls at all hours of the
day and evening.  We would not take the call, but just let the answering
machine on the phone pick up the message, and if it was an important call, or
someone we knew, then we would pick up.  I don't know how these telemarketers
did this, but the next thing we'd hear would be a busy signal.  This would go
on until the time on the answering machine ran out.  During the day we were at
work and didn't hear this nonsense,, but I felt so sorry for the poor cats
which had to suffer the noise.  So, to make a long story short, I came up with
the idea of shutting off the phone answering machine and just let the Verizon
answering service pick up all calls.  Well, those calls have stopped, as
Verizon's service seems to disconnect them right away.  Problem solved.

visit our website at: