[bct] Re: Tech support

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 19:22:59 -0500

DB, when I was a VMS sys manager I wrote a macro routine that got in the path of a terminals i/o and would let me see what was on their screen and change things, so naturally, we c hanged people's prompts to all kinds of things. I used sixel graphics to make little alligators, devils with pitchforks and overflowing beer mugs and would stand around waiting to hear people exclaim when they got a little alligator eating their screen up. You could do some really creative stuff with a VT-100 terminal and VMS if you had a lot of time on your hands.