[bct] Re: Tax Programs question.

  • From: Scott Howell <s.howell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 05:38:52 -0500

Mary, I've not heard of Tax Act, but I did use Turbo Tax online and that was pretty painful and if memory serves me, it was java-based. I also tried and much preferred H&R Block's online tax filing program. Our credit union had some arrangement with them, but if the Tax Act is good, maybe I'll let them know about that one. Did it have some sort of demo mode? I'd like to try it with Safari. Btw all, I've not forgotten the podcast on the Mac. I'm working out some recording issues so I can present a decent podcast, but I'm also working with some things that will answer folks questions about scanning and the like. I digress from my message, but I'm also trying to decide how best to run at this. Stay tuned, its going to happen and I might even have an interview with an Apple rep. who's connected to the accessibility area.

On Jan 13, 2006, at 4:43 AM, Mary Emerson wrote:

The online version of tax act is definitely HTML, as I implied in my podcast. You just go from web page to web page and fill in the forms or use the radio buttons, boxes or lists. You have to have a user name and password to get in to the form you're working on, and you save this to use next year so you can retrieve the previous year's information and have it filled in on next year's form; if you e-file, there is a pin number that is used to validate your electronic signature.