[bct] Tax Programs question.

  • From: "jeff" <j1armstrong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind cool tech mail list" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:15:30 -0600

Dan and everyone,

For ten years now I have used TurboTax by Intuit. I have had very good results with the program but it requires holding a sighted person hostage to read the screens. I believe they create their screens as graphics because I can't seem to get Jaws to access most of the information, barring the title. Anyway, what is your opinion of this program when compared to the results of a tax prep' professional? Have you heard of anyone gaining access to TurboTax and doing their taxes on it without sight? And, what might you or anyone here know about using the online versions of tax software? Would the fact that it is an online application mean that the interface is written in html or do they use something else? Thanks for any help.

Jeff Armstrong,
Secretary, OMC,
Representative, at large