[bct] Re: Talking multi-meter

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:08:35 -0500

I was under the impression that, rather than sell to blind people Omega Research discontinued the talking multimeter. Yes, they actually said they wouldn't sell to blind people and, in fact, if they found out that you were blind and bought one, they wanted it backand would give a refund, as it wasn't safe for blind people to play with electricity. Somewhere I have an incident in Email that documents Omega's position on this.

BTW, there is a consumer-grade talking multimeter (certainly not a precision instrument, but good enough, I suspect, for most of us) available, around $40. The bad news is that you have to find a Canadian who will buy one for you and send it, as it only appears to be available in Canada.