[bct] Re: Talent show performances I could not use

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 15:35:24 -0500

Bill, believe it or not, bars and clubs are being sued today for karaoke violations. If you do not buy a license to use karaoke music from one or another agency, you can be sued and there are several dozen suits in the federal courts right now over just this.

I find it pretty sad, but it is a fact of life.

One would think they have better things to do, but the major recording houses and performer unions actually send folk around to try and discover violations. It's enough to make you gag.