[bct] Re: TV Interview

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 19:56:10 -0500

Hi everyone,
Several years ago when I was looking for a job in Shreveport, Louisiana I
was once interviewed by one of the news reporter. The team came out to my
house and did a recording of me and took several pictures of me. Boy! The
lights were very bright.
That was back in 1985.
I had at least 2 occasions when I was interviewed by two separate newspaper
reporters one in 1995 while attending Louisiana Center for the Blind
finishing a Braille transcription program there in which I have produced
large print/Braille menus for Holiday Inn-Ruston and that was were I had the
graduation ceremony there. I still have my freedom bell with the eagle on
top. It is now sitting at my computer desk waiting for the next moment of my
dream job in which I hope to be working for a Braille production company
very soon.
Another time was when I was in the Textbook Braille Transcriber Program at
Northwest Vista College in which I have started writing my own web pages
promoting Braille, technology, and sources for locating electronic books on
the web. This story was in the San Antonio Express News on October 13, 2003
and you can read this and more publicity stuff I have done on my web site at
I was also on the Blind Like Me show hosted by Phil Parr which airs once a
week on ACB Radio. That link to my show is located on my site as well. That
was done back in either late May or early June 2004.
Another occasion was when I was on the Marlaina show on October 24, 2004
talking about Braille Transcription as a possible career for the blind.
Unfortunately, I don't know when the staff of ACB Radio will have all of the
archives updated on their web site for everyone to hear. I hope to be
putting a link to that telephone interview soon.
Perhaps if Larry Skutchan wants to put me on the spot to talk about my
experience and what is involved to prepare yourself for Braille
transcription, I'd be happy to discuss that.
Sorry for the long rambling.
I thought that was cool to be promoted from Project Leader in Technology to
a different role in the public relations department promoting APH products
and services.
Talk to everyone soon on the next podcast of Blind Cool Tech.

Lisa Hall,

Former Consultant for Adaptive Technology for Northwest Vista College, a
college of the Alamo Community College District.

Web page: http://home.satx.rr.com/lisahall

Phone: (210) 829-4571

E-mail and MSN I.D.: lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx