[bct] Re: Sunday Evening Hollistic voice chat

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:24:44 -0600

Hi List,

Mary, you can use the Talking Communities client that you are using to chat to record the chat. You can either record in mp3 or wma. Simply choose record from the file menu and tell the program where to put the file on your hard drive. It is as simple as that. The recordings sound about the same as the actual chat. They are done at an odd sampling rate of 16,000. If you need help, just let me know and we will work it out.

Robert Carter

At 04:05 AM 3/25/2006, you wrote:

I agree completely with your comments on quality. I am not sure how I'll be recording the chat; I will have to dig around to find out how, or just use the Olympus with the small mics I used for recording the demo of the Alive audio conversion program. Or if I can find my Soundblaster Extigy I can see if it works with this PC, then start the option to record what comes through the sound card.
In addition, not everybody likes teamtalk; some on this list have had a miserable time trying to get it to work.
Quality isn't everything, and to be honest, I get rather tired of the emphasis on high quality; this is supposed to be fun, not perfect.
Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss