[bct] Re: Sunday Evening Hollistic voice chat

  • From: "BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net" <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 16:22:52 -0700

does anyone got a link of team talk info and can anyone tell me why its so big out here.
BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net
blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
website: http://blindtechs.net
Visit our website where we offer free email, shell accoiunts, shoutcast radio service, online games and more!
Powered by Unix not Microsoft

On Mar 25, 2006, at 3:07 PM, Chris Skarstad wrote:

hi. I agree. I know we've got a few super hard core teamtalk fans out there, and yes, it sounds beautiful. But for straight voice chat conversations, high quality is really not needed unless you're actually broadcasting it, or unless you're an audio snob who just has to have it at a certain bitrate and sampling rate. I'm a snob when it comes to my music, I like to have it just the way *i* like it.
But for these BCT chats, I think it is definitely a good idea to use the BCT chatroom set up by Robert for 2 reasons. Firstly, Robert went out of his way to set it up with talking communities. He didn't have to do that. Secondly, teamtalk, while being a pretty cool program, *does* require some initial setup and configuration.
On a list this size, and with people having differing abilities with computers, there are people out there who, believe it or not, don't want to have to spend time entering server info, setting up a nickname, etc. All they want to do is click a link, enter a name and if the software is installed, start chatting. What a novel idea!
Now I'm not saying Teamtalk is bad, please don't misunderstand me. if you like it, then that's certainly fine. But as Nick said, it should be up to the moderator of said chat which program or service they use. If they want to use Teamtalk, they will. If they want to use the BCT chatroom, they will.

At 02:38 PM 3/25/2006, you wrote:

I don't think this has to be a competition. No one is being forced to use
either server. Robert should be commended for setting up and paying for this
chat client. If people don't wish to use it, that's a personal choice.
However, some of us are very appreciative of Robert's efforts.

Judy