[bct] Re: Studio Recorder podcast

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:09:14 -0500

Hi Neal.

Studio Recorder sells for $200.

It is true that you can use other audio editors, but we are doing what
we can to make the functions that are not accessible usable.  take, for
instance, the audible clip indicator.  That one little feature alone is
something you will find nowhere else.

>>> neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, February 17, 2006 12:18:25 PM
Brent, I am not sure where you get Sound Forge for $25.  If you do,
sure it's not the full featured version, but I would like to know
Also, I was not trying to make the case that one was better than the
other.  I do think, however, the Studio Recorder has made some real
strides forward and that should be complimented.  For example, when I
heard the first podcast Rob made on it some time ago, I said, "Nice,
not quite good enough to interest me."  Now, even though it does not
some of the really high end stuff sound forge does, it is beginning to
do a lot of things that sound forge does and, in some instances like
graphic fades, it is making it easier for a person who is blind to do.
And, while I am at it, this is not necessarily a product just made for
people who are blind.  I know you weren't saying otherwise, but I
to comment on this anyway.  It is the same product APH uses in their

Keep up the good work, guys.  By the way, what is the price for Studio
Recorder anyway?