[bct] Studio Recorder podcast

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:39:51 -0600

Wow! I keep being more and more impressed with what Rob is doing with
Studio Recorder.  I just may have to put down my money and be totally
confused trying to remember if I am in Sound Forge or Studio Recorder.

One of the very nice features, there are many, is the faders.  As Sound
Forge people know, if you want to create really complex fades that do
not happen to be in the preset fades, you have to have sighted help
running the silly computer mouse along and trying to operate a graph.
You should listen to what the Studio Recorder guru has done to make this

Rob, I do have one question, well at least one, but I'll save others for
later.  In your normalize and compression routine, if you normalize to
say plus 5, do you get to control anything about the compression such as
attack and release time, or is it simply using a default value?

Also, do you have to own the product to download the beta version.  If
you do, I thought i remembered that there was a trial version one could
try for a few days.  Is the trial version the new version you described
in the podcast?

thanks for a lot of good work.  No wonder we haven't heard from you on
the list for a wile.
Neal Ewers
Ravenswood Productions
Local phone:  608-277-1995