[bct] Studio REcorder Questions

  • From: Matt Roberts <blindbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 03:56:08 -0500

I have read about Studio Recorder, and am considering geting it. I read that it was originally designed to be used internally at APH for digitizing books. Can an average user who wants to do speaking recordings use this software? I was considering using it to record the intros and other speaking parts of my podcasts.
I also have to do a lot of reading on tape for my volunteer job. I recently had the idea to digitize all things I read so I can archive them in case we need to use them in the future. Would Studio Recorder allow me to do this, or should I just use Sound Forge? One thing I have discovered about SoundForge, unless I'm missing something is you can't insert data in a recording unless you create a new file, record the data, find the spot in your original file where the data goes, and then paste the data there.
Can I take files that are in WMA which is what my WS320M recorder creates and edit them and save them as a MP3 file?
Will Studio Recorder work with USB microphones?

Matt Roberts

Email services by FreedomBox. Surf the Net at the sound of your voice. www.freedombox.info