[bct] Re: Stop Stop Stop

  • From: "Larry Skutchan" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 09:06:02 -0500

That one probably was, but this shows that we need to be careful about what we believe.

From: "Larry Skutchan" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxx
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 05:42:45 -0500
Subject: [bct] Stop Stop Stop

This is very interesting, and shows us something else about what
we all need to know about the internet and email.

In addition to the bogus messages proportidly from Darrell and
Don, now, there are some from me.

I will now have to do something that I have never had to do in
all my years of computing. I will remove this person from the list. I thought about just asking him to quit, but he has already violated the policies of his ISP, good edequite, and is possibly creeping into some federal violations about impersonation.

I hope you all will use this as a chance to educate yourself
about installing software from unknown sources and reading anything on the internet with some skeptisism.

It is pretty easy, in this case, to recognize that the "from"
field is the person he wants to impersonate's email address rather than the normal name you usually see from the real poster, but it would be just as easy to impersonate that as well.

I believe I will take legal action if anymore of this happens.