[bct] Stop Stop Stop

  • From: "Larry Skutchan" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 05:42:45 -0500

This is very interesting, and shows us something else about what we all need to
know about the internet and email.

In addition to the bogus messages  proportidly from Darrell and Don, now, there
are some from me.

I will now have to do something that I have never had to do in all my years of
computing.  I will remove this person from the list.  I thought about just
asking him to quit, but he has already violated the policies of his ISP, good
edequite, and is possibly creeping into some federal violations about

I hope you all will use this as a chance to educate yourself about installing
software from unknown sources and reading anything on the internet with some

It is pretty easy, in this case, to recognize that the "from" field is the
person he wants to impersonate's email address rather than the normal name you
usually see from the real poster, but it would be just as easy to impersonate
that as well.

I believe I will take legal action if anymore of this happens.