[bct] Star Trek

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:41:52 -0800

Jamie, may we all live long and prosper! Spock was always my favorite character, but I like Tuvok also; not sure if the spelling is right. Did you know he's black? I think Benjamin Cisco was too, although I thought he was Latino, judging from his name, but that shows I never guess right. I just find it interesting that they finally got some captains who were women and other nationalities in the various series; in fact, one of the most fascinating parts of the Star Trek phenomenon was when they had the people who lived symbiotically with another species; the Trill I think they were; and when the host died, the symbiot entered into another host who could have been the opposite sex, so you had the new host who could have been a woman, but the previous host could have been a man and married. And the symbiot had the memories of all the hosts it had inhabited. Interesting, not to mention huge families going back for generations...

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson
Podcast feed: emerson.libsyn.com/rss